The Job Council can help!
Finding a good job that meets your financial and personal goals can be both a challenging and rewarding experience.
At The Job Council, we have dedicated ourselves to providing people of all ages and backgrounds with comprehensive workforce development services that are tailored to meet the individual needs of each person.
These services include:
- Career Assessment and Counseling
- Foundational Skills Workshops
- Career Training/Certification
- Tools for a Successful Job Search
- How to Get Promoted in your Current Job
Whether you are entering the workforce for the first time, have been laid off from your job, or are a long-term employee searching for new opportunities,
The Job Council is here to serve your needs!
To access any of these services stop by our office in Medford at 35 S. Bartlett Street or in Grants Pass at 1569 NE “F” St. Our hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
You will be asked to complete our "Welcome Process" which includes these four simple steps:
1: Get Registered and Attend Orientation
2: Build Skills and Earn Certificates to Be More Competitive, Effective, and Confident to Land a Job
- Attend the two-week Foundational Skills Workshops.
- Earn certificates that prove your skills to employers.
- Create a portfolio with a targeted resume and cover letter showcasing your talents.
3: Discover Training Opportunities
- Learn more about customized trainings to skill-up in a growing industry or to obtain your GED.
- Learn to market yourself to employers using an On-the-Job Training grant.
4: Gain Employment
- Work with our dedicated team to get job leads, keep your skills up-to-date, stay focused, and to continue networking.
- Pay it Forward - once you are employed, share your success with our staff so we can brag about you while championing job search efforts for others.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about how to access The Job Council's workforce services:
The Job Council One-Stop Center of Jackson County: (541) 776-5100
35 S. Bartlett St., Medford, OR 97501
The Job Council One-Stop Center of Josephine County: (541) 476-1187
1569 NE "F St., Grants Pass, OR 97526
Check Out Some of the Exciting Careers Available Right Here in the Rogue Valley: