The Job Council's youth program offers year-round employment and career-readiness services to youth in Jackson and Josephine counties for ages 16-21. Our trained staff is ready to assist youth in reaching training, career, and life goals. Opportunities vary based on funding - be sure to check back often to learn about the latest news and service information.
Currently we are offering:
- Job Search Assistance
- Career Exploration and Training including:
- Paid Work Experience
- Internship Placements
- Scholarships for Short-Term Occupational Training
- Hands-On Training in Forestry
- Hands-On Training in Healthcare
- On the job training opportunities for youth ages 18-21.
|Opportunities for Out-of-School Youth:
||Opportunities for In-School Youth:
|Earn Cash! Get Experience!
If you are between 16 and 21 and not currently attending high school or GED, we can help you gain experience, skills and certifications in our CareerX or Forestry programs.
CareerX: 2 week stipend-based training program with potential for paid work experience or On the Job training opportunities.
- Gain hands on experience
- Develop your professional portfolio
- Explore Careers
- Obtain workplace certifications
- Learn about education and training opportunities
- Receive paid stipends or wages
- Receive continued employment assistance after completion
Forestry Crew: Paid 6 week outdoor work experience program and work ethics training. (Photos: HERE)
In Jackson County, call Cindy Manning at (541) 842-2548
In Josephine County, call Kris Cooley at (541) 244-3226
|Explore Careers & Colleges! Get Scholarships & Grants!
If you are a high school student in your junior or senior year, attending Grants Pass High School, Gladiola, Phoenix High School or Central Medford High School, you may be eligible for our CareerBuild Program, which provides:
Requirements: On-track for high school graduation, 11th-12th grade at a partner school listed above, low income family, and need for career readiness assistance.
- A menu of career related learning experiences
- College and industry tours
- Career exploration events
- Work ethics classes
- Summer employment
- College and career mentoring
- Regional Career Fair (Careers in Gear)
- Sector-specific workshops
- Financial aid application support
- National Career Readiness Certification
For more information, please contact Jen Perry at (541) 218-4539
Program applications may be picked up and returned to your local The Job Council WorkSource Oregon Employment Center:
Jackson County: 35 S. Bartlett Street, Medford, OR. (Map: HERE)
Josephine County: 1569 NE “F” St., Grants Pass, OR. (Map: HERE)
Click here to download and print the program application
For more information in Jackson County, contact Cindy at 541-842-2548 or email CindyM@jobcouncil.org.
For more information in Josephine County contact Evan at 541-531-0188 or email EvanG@jobcouncil.org.
Check Out Some of the Exciting Careers Available Right Here in the Rogue Valley:
Apply for a Social Security Card.
DOL Youth Job Safety
Find out how to get from here to there.
Get a copy of your birth certificate
Get a photo ID.
Register for Selective Service.
Register to vote!
View All Web Links...